Old November 17th 12, 02:30 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

Default My home cinema

Purposely built, detached 35ft garage located in the back garden. 25
cinema tip up seats with sloping floor.

Projection room equipped with: 8mm, 16mm, 35mm, DVD and Blu-Ray.

7.1 digital surround sound. KEF sound system.

Running Terminator 2 very loud at 3am in the morning with no neighbours,
priceless.

[image:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...7386818_n.jpg]

[image:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n..._723479_n.jpg]

[image:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...7177474_n.jpg]

[image:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...5591636_n.jpg]

--
PMiddy001

Old November 18th 12, 07:34 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

I remember visiting a chap about thirty years ago in London.

He had a stereo set up in the [small] front room of a terrace, huge speakers
and had been buying hugely expensive 'sub-master' or DDM vinyl disks.

My mobile phone gives better quality out put than his set up.

"PMiddy001" > boasted in message

Old November 21st 12, 11:07 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

On 17/11/2012 02:30, PMiddy001 wrote:
> Purposely built, detached 35ft garage located in the back garden. 25
> cinema tip up seats with sloping floor.
>
> Projection room equipped with: 8mm, 16mm, 35mm, DVD and Blu-Ray.
>
> 7.1 digital surround sound. KEF sound system.
>
> Running Terminator 2 very loud at 3am in the morning with no neighbours,
> priceless.
>
> [image:
> https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...7386818_n.jpg]
>
> [image:
> https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n..._723479_n.jpg]
>
> [image:
> https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...7177474_n.jpg]
>
> [image:
> https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...5591636_n.jpg]

Very impressive! I would love a 'man-cave' like that. One thing you
could look into is improving your connectivity by adding a media server
to your projection room. This way you could play high quality files
without the need to use physical discs. You could even link it to your
house using CAT6 cable to allow full HD to be streamed to the projection
room from a device in your house.

Some media playing software allow for WiFi based remote control from
phones which could prove useful.