Old October 23rd 12, 05:27 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

Default Using a Home cinema with HD Vrigin M and PC

Hi folks.

Basically i have My PC connected to to my TV using HDMI so i can watch
stuff from my PC, sound can be set to use the HDMI cable thus come
through the TV (if wanted)

I also have the HD virgin Media Box, also connected to the TV using
HDMI

What i want to do is to be able to have sound from both the the PC and
VM box running through a home cinema system. At the moment when watching
stuff from the PC its using my PC's 5.1 surround system, sadly when
watching stuff from the VM box its just standard sound through the TV, i
dont want to have to have 2 lots of 5.1 surround sound speakers, is
there a way to do this through one home cinema setup please?

--
Bashy

Old October 23rd 12, 11:07 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

On 23/10/2012 17:27, Bashy wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> Basically i have My PC connected to to my TV using HDMI so i can watch
> stuff from my PC, sound can be set to use the HDMI cable thus come
> through the TV (if wanted)
>
> I also have the HD virgin Media Box, also connected to the TV using
> HDMI
>
> What i want to do is to be able to have sound from both the the PC and
> VM box running through a home cinema system. At the moment when watching
> stuff from the PC its using my PC's 5.1 surround system, sadly when
> watching stuff from the VM box its just standard sound through the TV, i
> dont want to have to have 2 lots of 5.1 surround sound speakers, is
> there a way to do this through one home cinema setup please?

a home cinema amp with hmdi inputs? - just connect everything to that
and then that to the tv.
main issue will be persuading the pc to output 5.1 sound over hdmi -
even when it can do it, you sometimes have to force it.

--
Gareth.
That fly.... Is your magic wand.
Old November 21st 12, 11:10 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

On 23/10/2012 17:27, Bashy wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> Basically i have My PC connected to to my TV using HDMI so i can watch
> stuff from my PC, sound can be set to use the HDMI cable thus come
> through the TV (if wanted)
>
> I also have the HD virgin Media Box, also connected to the TV using
> HDMI
>
> What i want to do is to be able to have sound from both the the PC and
> VM box running through a home cinema system. At the moment when watching
> stuff from the PC its using my PC's 5.1 surround system, sadly when
> watching stuff from the VM box its just standard sound through the TV, i
> dont want to have to have 2 lots of 5.1 surround sound speakers, is
> there a way to do this through one home cinema setup please?

Generally Denon AV-Recievers will do exactly what you want. They have
multiple co-axial/optical inputs.
Old November 23rd 12, 08:15 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

"Bashy" > wrote in message

> Hi folks.
>
> Basically i have My PC connected to to my TV using HDMI so i can watch
> stuff from my PC, sound can be set to use the HDMI cable thus come
> through the TV (if wanted)
>
> I also have the HD virgin Media Box, also connected to the TV using
> HDMI
>
> What i want to do is to be able to have sound from both the the PC and
> VM box running through a home cinema system. At the moment when watching
> stuff from the PC its using my PC's 5.1 surround system, sadly when
> watching stuff from the VM box its just standard sound through the TV, i
> dont want to have to have 2 lots of 5.1 surround sound speakers, is
> there a way to do this through one home cinema setup please?
>

> --
> Bashy

I have two ways of doing this: -

1. Connect devices to HDMI inputs on the AV amp.

2. Connect devices to the TV and the digital optical out to the AV amp.

usually 2 because the AV amp does not have a front HDMI input, however if I
just want to listen to music on my phone I might do 1.

Help with Home Cinema Blueyonder Support Home Cinema 5 April 27th 06 04:58 PM
Home-cinema at Ideal Home Show zoom Home Cinema 1 March 24th 05 12:03 PM
Home Cinema set up Will Home Cinema 2 April 22nd 04 08:52 AM
Home Cinema help TBL Home Cinema 3 February 14th 04 02:37 AM
Home cinema set up Richard WEBB Home Cinema 1 January 1st 04 01:18 PM