Old October 19th 10, 10:01 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

Default Surround sound system for PS3

Hi - I am new to this and this is my first post so please be gentle!

Could anyone please give me some advice on what 5.1 speaker and receiver
to buy. Right now I have got a Playstation 3 which is hooked up with a
HDMI cable to my 42 inch Sony 1080p TV.

I want one that is reliable and works with great compatibility with the
PS3, my room is approximately 6m x 6m. Please take into account that
the max I want to spend is 350-450.

When researching for myself I have read a lot of positive feedback on
Jamo’s A102 series

--
barrett95

Old October 20th 10, 10:33 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

On 19/10/2010 22:01, barrett95 wrote:
> Hi - I am new to this and this is my first post so please be gentle!
>
> Could anyone please give me some advice on what 5.1 speaker and receiver
> to buy. Right now I have got a Playstation 3 which is hooked up with a
> HDMI cable to my 42 inch Sony 1080p TV.
>
> I want one that is reliable and works with great compatibility with the
> PS3, my room is approximately 6m x 6m. Please take into account that
> the max I want to spend is 350-450.
>
> When researching for myself I have read a lot of positive feedback on
> Jamo’s A102 series

You should probably ask in a forum like avforums.com

eg.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3/

or

http://www.avforums.com/forums/audio-electronics/

....or better yet, spend some time reading the existing posts there
before asking. (That's not a dig -just, you might find a consensus and
reasons why people advocate a particular setup without even asking.)

From my own point of view, I don't think it matters much that you want
it for use with your PS3. Basically, you should think about a 5.1 setup
with a number of hdmi connections so you'll be connecting your PS3 (and
anything else in future) to that, then another hdmi cable will connect
to your TV/screen/anything else.

-Kevin.

--
Superman's Underpants and the movie "Inception"
http://www.stanleyrumm.com
Old October 20th 10, 10:01 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

In uk.media.home-cinema, barrett95 >
wrote:

>Could anyone please give me some advice on what 5.1 speaker and receiver
>to buy. Right now I have got a Playstation 3 which is hooked up with a
>HDMI cable to my 42 inch Sony 1080p TV.
>
>I want one that is reliable and works with great compatibility with the
>PS3, my room is approximately 6m x 6m. Please take into account that
>the max I want to spend is 350-450.

In that price range, there are a few Denon Amps and not very many speakers
to choose from. For £350 you're really looking at an all-in-one. Half
decent amps and speaker setups start at around £200-250 for the amp and
£200 or so for the speakers, so for £450 you should be able to do it.

I went for a Yamaha amp and a set of Tannoy speakers but the ranges change
so quickly.

Sadly (for usenet), I second Kevin's recommendation for avforums.com,
that's where I went both times I wanted a surround sound system (first an
all-in-one to test the water, and then the amp/speaker setup).
--
Tony Evans
Saving trees and wasting electrons since 1993

Speakers for surround sound TV Keith Home Cinema 1 November 4th 07 11:38 PM
sub £300 surround sound kit? Soupladel Home Cinema 0 November 19th 06 09:47 PM
5.1 surround sound jas Home Cinema 7 August 5th 04 08:08 PM
Surround Sound Headphones? Major Tom Home Cinema 0 November 11th 03 07:20 PM
Surround Sound Headphones? David Beamish Home Cinema 1 November 11th 03 07:41 AM