Old April 20th 10, 10:12 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

Default Ping: Tony (+question for group)

Finally decided. Seperates.

Panasonic TXL37S10 TV (Arriving today)
Onkyo TX-SR507B AV Receiver (Arriving today)
Jamo A102 5.1 Spkrs (Not yet sourced)

I ordered the above TV from Hyperfi (through Amazon) and they quickly
processed the order and sent confirmation of despatch *of above model*.
However, later same day, I had they phoned me to say they were out-of-stock
but were sending the newer TXL37U10 instead.

AFAICT, they only difference is one less HDMI socket, slightly inferior
contrast ratio (although this varies on different reviews as well!) - so I
can't be sure there aren't other 'features' either added or missing from the
older S10 model.

Does anyone have this specific model or know anything about it -
particularly re differences over S10 model??
Obviously I have the option to reject it and hold out for the S10 - but if
the differences are negligible (I can live with one less HDMI
socket...perhaps) then I may just accept it.

I don't want to send it back just because they've annoyed me if their choice
of replacement is close enough to be acceptable.

Thanks for any input.

Old April 20th 10, 10:59 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

Default Ping: Tony (+question for group) UPDATE/EDIT

"SubZer0" > wrote in message
> Finally decided. Seperates.
>
> Panasonic TXL37S10 TV (Arriving today)
> Onkyo TX-SR507B AV Receiver (Arriving today)
> Jamo A102 5.1 Spkrs (Not yet sourced)
>
> I ordered the above TV from Hyperfi (through Amazon) and they quickly
> processed the order and sent confirmation of despatch *of above model*.
> However, later same day, they phoned me to say they were out-of-stock but
> were sending the newer TXL37U10 instead.
>
> AFAICT, they only difference is one less HDMI socket, slightly inferior
> contrast ratio (although this varies on different reviews as well!) - so I
> can't be sure there aren't other 'features' either added or missing from
> the older S10 model.
>
> Does anyone have this specific model or know anything about it -
> particularly re differences over S10 model??
> Obviously I have the option to reject it and hold out for the S10 - but if
> the differences are negligible (I can live with one less HDMI
> socket...perhaps) then I may just accept it.
>
> I don't want to send it back just because they've annoyed me if their
> choice of replacement is close enough to be acceptable.

Jamo's unavailable - potentially indefinitely - going for Richer's
recommendation of Canton 80CX - same price/spec

Old April 20th 10, 06:21 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

In uk.media.home-cinema, "SubZer0" > wrote:

>Finally decided. Seperates.
>
>Panasonic TXL37S10 TV (Arriving today)
>Onkyo TX-SR507B AV Receiver (Arriving today)

Everything I read about that was good

>Jamo A102 5.1 Spkrs (Not yet sourced)

I was going to say 'you'll struggle' then saw your other post. I wanted
the Jamo's but ended up with something else because no where had them.

>Does anyone have this specific model or know anything about it -
>particularly re differences over S10 model??
>Obviously I have the option to reject it and hold out for the S10 - but if
>the differences are negligible (I can live with one less HDMI
>socket...perhaps) then I may just accept it.

No idea on the TV but I only need 2 HDMI inputs now I have the AV. One for
the AV, and one for Sky+ HD (and that's by choice). My AV has four inputs
so I shouldn't run short any time soon, I think the Onkyo has 3 or 4.

I'll be interested to see how it works out. I'm really pleased with the
Yamaha and Tannoy speakers I went with in the end.

The Yamaha self-setup thing was kinda excellent, comes with a mike on a
very long wire, you put it at where your ears will be, roughly, and run a
self test and it configures the speakers up with the right volume levels.
--
Tony Evans
Saving trees and wasting electrons since 1993

Ping Gaz Colin Mckechnie Home Cinema 1 December 28th 05 03:00 AM
Ping: Nath Andy F Batter Home Cinema 3 December 15th 04 01:18 PM
new to group Johnnie Scott Home Cinema 2 October 12th 04 06:45 PM
FAO:Tony Whitfield Nath Home Cinema 0 October 10th 04 10:49 PM
FAO: Tony Whitfield Ray Dundas Home Cinema 16 April 26th 04 01:03 PM