Old March 19th 10, 01:26 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

Default Denon AVR1610 + Jamo A102 HCS5

So after looking and reading around a bit, I'm thinking of going for a
Denon AVR1610 and some Jamo A102 HCS5 speakers.

That means I'll be able to move to Sky+HD and get some benefit from it.

They look like good bits of kit for the price (around £220-250 for the
Denon and the same again for the speakers).

I'll see if I can offset about £50 of the price selling my old
all-in-one on ebay.

--
Tony Evans
blog -> http://perceptionistruth.com/

Old March 19th 10, 07:01 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

Tony wrote:

> Denon AVR1610 and some Jamo A102 HCS5 speakers.

Hah and then it turns out, no one has any of those in stock because
they're all end- or near-end of life.

So, instead,

Yamaha RXV565BL
Tannoy SFX 5.1

Roughly similar prices, roughly similar specs.

Old March 22nd 10, 12:11 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

"Tony" > wrote in message
> So after looking and reading around a bit, I'm thinking of going for a
> Denon AVR1610 and some Jamo A102 HCS5 speakers.
>
> That means I'll be able to move to Sky+HD and get some benefit from it.
>
> They look like good bits of kit for the price (around £220-250 for the
> Denon and the same again for the speakers).

I hate to say it, but the Sony STRDH800 is much better than that Denon and
£240 from Richer Sounds. If you aren't techie and can't drive it then get
the STRDH1000 [with on screen display] for £300.

Then get some Eltax Concept 400 speakers for the front (£150) and worry
about the rears, sub and centre later...

> I'll see if I can offset about £50 of the price selling my old
> all-in-one on ebay.

If you have something passable as current front speakers - put them at the
rear.

Old March 22nd 10, 12:45 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

R. Mark Clayton wrote:

> "Tony" > wrote in message
>> So after looking and reading around a bit, I'm thinking of going for a
>> Denon AVR1610 and some Jamo A102 HCS5 speakers.
>>
>> That means I'll be able to move to Sky+HD and get some benefit from it.
>>
>> They look like good bits of kit for the price (around £220-250 for the
>> Denon and the same again for the speakers).

> I hate to say it, but the Sony STRDH800 is much better than that Denon and
> £240 from Richer Sounds. If you aren't techie and can't drive it then get
> the STRDH1000 [with on screen display] for £300.

Well it didn't matter, since they had no Denon's in stock

--
Tony Evans
blog -> http://perceptionistruth.com/
books -> http://www.bookthing.co.uk/
[ anything below this line wasn't written by me ]

Denon and Denon ConfusedEasily Home Cinema 0 February 18th 07 06:48 PM
Denon ADV-M71. Clem Dye Home Cinema 3 January 28th 05 06:29 PM
Wanted: Where to find used (or new) Jamo THX One loudspeakers ? Arvid LÝvik Home Cinema 0 October 25th 04 04:31 PM
FA:White Jamo surround speakers-last hour Evil Uncle Chris Home Cinema 0 August 22nd 04 05:50 PM
FA:Jamo surround 160 white speakers Evil Uncle Chris Home Cinema 0 August 16th 04 09:22 AM