Home Cinema (uk.media.home-cinema)For the discussion of all aspects of Home Cinema hardware and software as it affects users in the UK.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old January 27th 10, 08:47 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at HomeCinemaBanter: Jan 2010
Posts: 6
Default Empty newsgroup?

?

  #2   Report Post  
Old January 27th 10, 10:46 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at HomeCinemaBanter: Sep 2006
Posts: 41
Default Empty newsgroup?



"SubZer0" > wrote in message
m...
> ?


Well it up to you to post something sensible.
Regards
David

  #3   Report Post  
Old January 27th 10, 02:17 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at HomeCinemaBanter: Jan 2010
Posts: 6
Default Empty newsgroup?


"David" > wrote in message
...
>
>
> "SubZer0" > wrote in message
> m...
>> ?

>
> Well it up to you to post something sensible.
> Regards
> David


I intend to...once I've established that there is, at least a handful of
moderately competent contributors.



  #4   Report Post  
Old January 27th 10, 03:38 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at HomeCinemaBanter: Sep 2007
Posts: 8
Default Empty newsgroup?

SubZer0 wrote:
>
> "David" > wrote in message
> ...
>>
>>
>> "SubZer0" > wrote in message
>> m...
>>> ?

>>
>> Well it up to you to post something sensible.
>> Regards
>> David

>
> I intend to...once I've established that there is, at least a handful of
> moderately competent contributors.
>
>


Just ask your question. If you don't get a suitable answer cut & paste
it somewhere else.

-Kevin.

--
Confessions of a Starving Author
http://www.stanleyrumm.com
  #5   Report Post  
Old January 28th 10, 07:47 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at HomeCinemaBanter: Jan 2010
Posts: 6
Default Empty newsgroup?


"Gunther Gloop" > wrote in message
...
> SubZer0 wrote:
>>
>> "David" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>>
>>>
>>> "SubZer0" > wrote in message
>>> m...
>>>> ?
>>>
>>> Well it up to you to post something sensible.
>>> Regards
>>> David

>>
>> I intend to...once I've established that there is, at least a handful of
>> moderately competent contributors.
>>
>>

>
> Just ask your question. If you don't get a suitable answer cut & paste it
> somewhere else.


I haven't got a question...



  #6   Report Post  
Old January 30th 10, 12:12 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at HomeCinemaBanter: Jan 2010
Posts: 14
Default Empty newsgroup?

On 27/01/2010 14:17, SubZer0 wrote:
>
> "David" > wrote in message
> ...
>>
>>
>> "SubZer0" > wrote in message
>> m...
>>> ?

>>
>> Well it up to you to post something sensible.
>> Regards
>> David

>
> I intend to...once I've established that there is, at least a handful of
> moderately competent contributors.


It works the other way around, you post something moderately interesting
and see if people respond.

--
Tony Evans
Saving trees and wasting electrons since 1993
blog -> http://perceptionistruth.com/
olmr -> http://www.onelinemoviereviews.co.uk/
[ anything below this line wasn't written by me ]
  #7   Report Post  
Old January 30th 10, 09:18 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at HomeCinemaBanter: Jan 2010
Posts: 6
Default Empty newsgroup?


"Tony" > wrote in message
...
> On 27/01/2010 14:17, SubZer0 wrote:
>>
>> "David" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>>
>>>
>>> "SubZer0" > wrote in message
>>> m...
>>>> ?
>>>
>>> Well it up to you to post something sensible.
>>> Regards
>>> David

>>
>> I intend to...once I've established that there is, at least a handful of
>> moderately competent contributors.

>
> It works the other way around, you post something moderately interesting
> and see if people respond.


Then it clearly doesn't work at all.
You appear to have created the perfect 'Catch 22' scenario here with all
your attempted 'trying to be cleverness'.

So, here is my one and only question to this group, how do I know if my post
is 'moderately interesting' *before* I post it?

Anyway, the question I didn't ask has been answered - What sort of people
inhabit this newsgroup?
Thanks for all your obtuse, sarcastic and irrelevant pedantry, I will be
seeking advice from a less antagonistic source.

.....and I now know why this group appears dead; Archives of this group show
8 spam messages and just 2 legitimate questions since 01/11/09 - not exactly
'buzzing' is it.



  #8   Report Post  
Old January 30th 10, 10:37 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at HomeCinemaBanter: Jan 2010
Posts: 14
Default Empty newsgroup?

On 30/01/2010 09:18, SubZer0 wrote:

> Then it clearly doesn't work at all.
> You appear to have created the perfect 'Catch 22' scenario here with all
> your attempted 'trying to be cleverness'.
>
> So, here is my one and only question to this group, how do I know if my
> post is 'moderately interesting' *before* I post it?
>
> Anyway, the question I didn't ask has been answered - What sort of
> people inhabit this newsgroup?
> Thanks for all your obtuse, sarcastic and irrelevant pedantry, I will be
> seeking advice from a less antagonistic source.
>
> ....and I now know why this group appears dead; Archives of this group
> show 8 spam messages and just 2 legitimate questions since 01/11/09 -
> not exactly 'buzzing' is it.


Ah, you were just trolling, okay, np.

--
Tony Evans
Saving trees and wasting electrons since 1993
blog -> http://perceptionistruth.com/
olmr -> http://www.onelinemoviereviews.co.uk/
[ anything below this line wasn't written by me ]


Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pointless newsgroup SubZer0 Home Cinema 1 February 22nd 10 09:19 AM
Newsgroup dead MikeB Home Cinema 5 July 31st 08 04:45 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 Home Cinema Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about UK home cinema"

 

Copyright © 2017