Old January 2nd 10, 05:34 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

Default Composite looks better than RGB! That cant be right?

Hello,

I have a Cambridge audio DVD player that I have been using via a scart
cable to my Sony television using RGB with no problems. I have just
bought a panasonic plasma television and now the DVD player looks
really green unless I change the signal to composite video from RGB. I
was always led to believe that the RGB signal was superior to
composite but for some reason in this situation this is not the case.
Please can anyone tell me what the problem may be? Many thanks in
advance.

Gary

Old January 2nd 10, 10:01 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

On 02/01/2010 17:34, Gazza wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Cambridge audio DVD player that I have been using via a scart
> cable to my Sony television using RGB with no problems. I have just
> bought a panasonic plasma television and now the DVD player looks
> really green unless I change the signal to composite video from RGB. I
> was always led to believe that the RGB signal was superior to
> composite but for some reason in this situation this is not the case.
> Please can anyone tell me what the problem may be? Many thanks in
> advance.

Are you sure the SCART connection on the TV is set for RGB? Sometimes
different SCART sockets expect different input, or can be changed in the
config.

--
Tony Evans
Saving trees and wasting electrons since 1993
Old January 3rd 10, 10:26 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

On 2 Jan, 22:01, tony > wrote:
> On 02/01/2010 17:34, Gazza wrote:
>
> > Hello,

> > I have a Cambridge audio DVD player that I have been using via a scart
> > cable to my Sony television using RGB with no problems. I have just
> > bought a panasonic plasma television and now the DVD player looks
> > really green unless I change the signal to composite video from RGB. I
> > was always led to believe that the RGB signal was superior to
> > composite but for some reason in this situation this is not the case.
> > Please can anyone tell me what the problem may be? Many thanks in
> > advance.

> Are you sure the SCART connection on the TV is set for RGB? *Sometimes
> different SCART sockets expect different input, or can be changed in the
> config.
>
> --
> Tony Evans
> Saving trees and wasting electrons since 1993
> blog ->http://perceptionistruth.com/
> olmr ->http://www.onelinemoviereviews.co.uk/
> [ anything below this line wasn't written by me ]

Tony,

I will look and check but I think so.

Gary
Old January 3rd 10, 07:04 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

"Gazza" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a Cambridge audio DVD player that I have been using via a scart
> cable to my Sony television using RGB with no problems. I have just
> bought a panasonic plasma television and now the DVD player looks
> really green unless I change the signal to composite video from RGB. I
> was always led to believe that the RGB signal was superior to
> composite but for some reason in this situation this is not the case.
> Please can anyone tell me what the problem may be? Many thanks in
> advance.
>
> Gary

Sounds like a wiring or input problem.

An RGB signal will give far better results (just try a snooker match) than
composite.

PS are you sure you are not playing NTSC stuff?