Old July 5th 09, 12:37 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

Default Looking for DVD/HDD Recorder with twin freeview

Hi,

I'm looking for a DVD/HDD Recorder with twin freeview for my dad.

Can anybody recommend a suitable make/model and or supplier? He also has
abudget of aprrox 150

Any help or suggestion greatfully received.

Thanks

TheDysk

Old July 5th 09, 06:57 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

"TheDysk" > wrote in message ...
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a DVD/HDD Recorder with twin freeview for my dad.
>
> Can anybody recommend a suitable make/model and or supplier? He also has
> abudget of aprrox 150
>
> Any help or suggestion greatfully received.

I don't think you'll get one.
You can get some that have a single tuner plus the HDD and DVD but the only twin tuners I've seen haven't had a DVD drive

--
Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger , then I hide until it goes away"
Old July 6th 09, 05:41 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

"Kay Robinson" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 18:57:21 +0100, "Dr Zoidberg"
> > sharpened a new quill and
> scratched:
>
>>"TheDysk" > wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm looking for a DVD/HDD Recorder with twin freeview for my dad.
>>>
>>> Can anybody recommend a suitable make/model and or supplier? He also has
>>> abudget of aprrox 150
>>>
>>> Any help or suggestion greatfully received.
>>>

>>I don't think you'll get one.
>>You can get some that have a single tuner plus the HDD and DVD but the
>>only twin tuners I've seen haven't had a DVD drive

> There's lots about. I have two, both Samsung, twin tuners DVD/HDD,
> pause and rewind facilities, editing and copying between drives and/or
> USB drive etc. Got the first 3 years ago and the second a year ago.
>
> Kay

Thank to you both for the info. Whilst digging around on the internet I have
managed to find a few devices that have everything but they all break the
budget.

I'm going to advise my dad to bug a dual freeview tuner PVR which can be had
within the budget and then a DVD recorder later when and if he needs it.

Thanks

TheDysk

Old July 6th 09, 11:53 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

In article >,
TheDysk > wrote:
> I'm going to advise my dad to bug a dual freeview tuner PVR which can be
> had within the budget and then a DVD recorder later when and if he
> needs it.

The chances are he won't. With HDs holding a couple of hundred hours of
stuff - and the number of repeats there's not the same need to hard copy
stuff. Other thing is my experience says DVD recorders (cheap ones) ain't
the most reliable of things.

--
*Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.