Old February 28th 09, 12:06 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

Default Harman Kardon AVR255

Just bought one of these beasties from Richer Sounds (for 399), first unit
proved defective. Replaced by the store quickly and with a freebie to
compensate for inconvenience (unasked for incidentally). So review of the
store is an easy 5* rating.

As for the amp, still getting to grips with it, but the setup is very
simple, on screen menus very clear. The look of it is spectacularly
beautiful. Very clean lines, with crisp design, and subtle lighting. Have
seen some negative comments in reviews about the remote, and while I would
agree it is a bit large, it is clear and quite stylish.

The sound so far has been impressive. Good clarity and balance. This is even
though I have not yet got the speakers fixed so not done the fine tuning of
levels yet.

One thing I would like to sort out is to programme the remote to switch the
Sky HD box on. My box is a Thompson unit, but this model is not on the list
of codes supplied with the amp. Anyone know where I could find the code?