Old February 19th 09, 05:17 PM posted to alt.video.divx,alt.video.dvd.tech,uk.rec.video.digital,uk.media.home-cinema

Default multimedia HD with digital audio optical output ?

Hello,

can anyone tell me of a multimedia HD with digital audio output
optical or coax? if available also with HDMI output

thanks

Mario

Old February 19th 09, 06:03 PM posted to alt.video.divx,alt.video.dvd.tech,uk.rec.video.digital,uk.media.home-cinema

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:17:47 -0800 (PST), Mario >
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>can anyone tell me of a multimedia HD with digital audio output
>optical or coax? if available also with HDMI output
>
>thanks
>
>Mario

If you're referring to some HD TV, most newer models offer either
optical or coax audio input/output, many offer both. The key is DOES
your cable provider or whatever your source is provide a true DIGITAL
and HD signal? You usually have to pay EXTRA.

If not or if it isn't fed through a separate AV (audio video)receiver
that can process the digital signal PROPERLY to drive a powerful multi
speaker setup you'll never hear what you're missing.

I drive my 50 inch plasma TV through a Denon 1705 connected to 200
watt 6-1 surround speakers.

Funny story:

Because I needed a new cable box to received the "digital" signal, the
cable guy hooked my receiver. One problem... this dope simply
connected the standard red/white analog connections from the cable
box. Sure, it worked, sort-of, but sounded like crap.

When he left I changed to the proper optical digital output of the
cable box and plugged into the receiver then put in a DVD of
Transformers because it has lots of loud low frequency sound effects.
Result: the floor literally shook from the bass, the windows
rattled,it was way better than in the theater and yes you REALLY can
hear sounds coming from all over the room and "travel" from left to
right, front to back, etc..

Hint: lots of people think all they need is the HD television and that
it all by itself will give them the home theater effect. Wrong, while
a few high end models might now come close, most don't. The necessary
step is the audio video receiver that your TV, DVD players, games,
VHS, etc.. play through. Like night and day difference.
Old February 21st 09, 09:15 AM posted to alt.video.divx,alt.video.dvd.tech,uk.rec.video.digital,uk.media.home-cinema

"Mario" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> can anyone tell me of a multimedia HD with digital audio output
> optical or coax? if available also with HDMI output
>
> thanks
>
> Mario

There are plenty.
Ellion do a number of 'em
The Ellion HMR- range, being a 1TB with HDMI, component, 2xScart
plus both S/PDIF coax and optical, upscaling etc
There is also the Omeoga and Plextor range, again similar spec
All having DVB-T plus EPG.
There is of course also DVD recorders+HDD that also have
similar specs.
And a whole heap of DVR's, notably Topfield and Humax.

The only reason I suggest Ellion is the ability to swap
the SATA drives.
Have a look:
http://www.elliondigital.com/eng/product.htm

Old February 21st 09, 09:20 AM posted to alt.video.divx,alt.video.dvd.tech,uk.rec.video.digital,uk.media.home-cinema

> wrote in message

<snip pointless waffle>

Learn the subject.
Don't post about things you ain't got a clue about.
Get a life.

Old February 21st 09, 03:08 PM posted to alt.video.divx,alt.video.dvd.tech,uk.rec.video.digital,uk.media.home-cinema

"Mario" > wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> can anyone tell me of a multimedia HD with digital audio
> output optical or coax? if available also with HDMI output

A media server based on a Asus M3A78-VM motherboard

I've got one, and it does very nice job with Blu Ray on 2 monitors, no extra
cards, etc.

Old February 21st 09, 04:29 PM posted to alt.video.divx,alt.video.dvd.tech,uk.rec.video.digital,uk.media.home-cinema

On 21 Feb, 10:15, "Tony" > wrote:
> "Mario" > wrote in message

> > Hello,

> > can anyone tell me of a multimedia HD with digital audio output
> > optical or coax? if available also with HDMI output

> > thanks

> > Mario

> There are plenty.
> Ellion do a number of 'em
> The Ellion HMR- range, being a 1TB with HDMI, component, 2xScart
> plus both S/PDIF coax and optical, upscaling etc
> There is also the Omeoga and Plextor range, again similar spec
> All having DVB-T plus EPG.
> There is of course also DVD recorders+HDD that also have
> similar specs.
> And a whole heap of DVR's, notably Topfield and Humax.
>
> The only reason I suggest Ellion is the ability to swap
> the SATA drives.
> Have a look:http://www.elliondigital.com/eng/product.htm

WOW having the ability to swap SATA drives is excellet !!!!
Ellion makes lots of models !!! tooo many !!!! hard to find out the
right one

I need a model with:
HDMI, component, 2xScart
S/PDIF coax and optical, upscaling etc
LAN or WIFI connection
and swappable SATA drive

you know which model has this?

can you tell me from what web site in Europe I can buy them?

thanks

Mario
Old February 22nd 09, 01:04 AM posted to alt.video.divx,alt.video.dvd.tech,uk.rec.video.digital,uk.media.home-cinema

"Mario" > wrote in message
> On 21 Feb, 10:15, "Tony" > wrote:
>> "Mario" > wrote in message

>> > Hello,

>> > can anyone tell me of a multimedia HD with digital audio output
>> > optical or coax? if available also with HDMI output

>> > thanks

>> > Mario

>> There are plenty.
>> Ellion do a number of 'em
>> The Ellion HMR- range, being a 1TB with HDMI, component, 2xScart
>> plus both S/PDIF coax and optical, upscaling etc
>> There is also the Omeoga and Plextor range, again similar spec
>> All having DVB-T plus EPG.
>> There is of course also DVD recorders+HDD that also have
>> similar specs.
>> And a whole heap of DVR's, notably Topfield and Humax.
>>
>> The only reason I suggest Ellion is the ability to swap
>> the SATA drives.
>> Have a look:http://www.elliondigital.com/eng/product.htm

> WOW having the ability to swap SATA drives is excellet !!!!
> Ellion makes lots of models !!! tooo many !!!! hard to find out the
> right one
>
> I need a model with:
> HDMI, component, 2xScart
> S/PDIF coax and optical, upscaling etc
> LAN or WIFI connection
> and swappable SATA drive
>
> you know which model has this?
>
> can you tell me from what web site in Europe I can buy them?
>
> thanks
>
> Mario

This model meets all your criteria: Ellion HMR-351
Just type that into google (and select to search "Pages from UK").
Be sure to read reviews etc. A whole heap of UK sites have
it for sale.
If you do opt for that model, be sure to update the firmware
via LAN (Downloadable from Ellion site)
Swapping HDD means unlimited storage capacity (plus the
cost of additional SATA drives of course).
But, be sure to read up about other models from the likes
of Plaxtor etc.