Old February 6th 09, 07:10 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

Default Best way to connect this lot?

"Dave {}" > wrote in message
m...
> Complete newbie to owning a Onkyo receiver.
>
> What is the best way to connect this little lot together and what settings
> need to be done on the Onkyo?:-
>
> Onkyo TX-SR 806
> Pioneer PDP-436XDE Plasma TV
> Panasonic DMR-E85H DVD Recorder with Hardrive
> Virgin Media V+ STB
> Philips DVP5980 DVD Player

This might give you a start.

http://www.dtg.org.uk/consumer/connection_wizard.html

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Old February 6th 09, 07:30 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

"David" > wrote in message ...

> "Dave {}" > wrote in message
> m...
>> Complete newbie to owning a Onkyo receiver.
>>
>> What is the best way to connect this little lot together and what settings need to be done on the
>> Onkyo?:-
>>
>> Onkyo TX-SR 806
>> Pioneer PDP-436XDE Plasma TV
>> Panasonic DMR-E85H DVD Recorder with Hardrive
>> Virgin Media V+ STB
>> Philips DVP5980 DVD Player
>>

> This might give you a start.
>
> http://www.dtg.org.uk/consumer/connection_wizard.html

Thanks. It does give me an idea on how things should go together. Pity it does not cover HDMI
connections.

Old February 6th 09, 08:17 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

"Dave {}" > wrote in message
om...

> "David" > wrote in message ...
>>

>> "Dave {}" > wrote in message
>> m...
>>> Complete newbie to owning a Onkyo receiver.
>>>
>>> What is the best way to connect this little lot together and what settings need to be done on
>>> the Onkyo?:-
>>>
>>> Onkyo TX-SR 806
>>> Pioneer PDP-436XDE Plasma TV
>>> Panasonic DMR-E85H DVD Recorder with Hardrive
>>> Virgin Media V+ STB
>>> Philips DVP5980 DVD Player
>>>

>> This might give you a start.
>>
>> http://www.dtg.org.uk/consumer/connection_wizard.html
>>

> Thanks. It does give me an idea on how things should go together. Pity it does not cover HDMI
> connections.

Just found something similar to the above and it does HDMI, but it still does not answer my
questions :-(

http://www.which.co.uk/advice/settin...zard/index.jsp